Sunday 9 March 2008

Stag Party Woooo!

Executive Summary: 9 days, 2 countries with arguably the most beautiful women, great food, great company, loads of gambling and alcohol.

Let's start from the very beginning...

Sergels Torv


Landed in Stockholm after a really scary Sterling flight - both the take-off and landing were really bad. It was very 感动 max! to see Kyle and Longjin, who was decked out in a damn nice CK leather jacket. Khel should have a photo or two; it was just too gay for me to start whipping out the camera and firing away, so we did what guys do best - eat.

Photo above is the square every tourist will keep seeing in Stockholm, where the main train station is, along with stretches of shops, cafes etc.



Entrance to Gamla Stan, or Old Town. Not very sure what I was supposed to admire in there, in any case it was quite dark by the time Kyle brought us there.



DesignTorget shop - it looks very beautiful from outside because of the layout, colours and collective attraction of the designs. But I didn't get anything because I wasn't sure if I should get something pretty to just sit there and collect dust, or something functional that costs a bomb and won't be so pretty after wear-and-tear sets in.

And finally there was MAHJONG. OMG. After all the many months of Mahjong Withdrawal Symptoms, I actually gave up the nightlife of Stockholm for this. Ho Ho Ho. Ok more on Stockholm later, chronologically we went to Uppsala on Day 3.



And in Uppsala we had the famous Swedish tradition of... Fika! Or Coffee Break. I am obviously a strong supporter of traditions like coffee breaks and naps (siesta). There was a traditional Swedish pastry called Samla in there.

Pay attention to Khel's lovely long locks as well, because you won't see it for much longer.



Ah yes the mask party. This is... us. Obviously I'm not putting up a photo of me in a mask I'm not in the photo because, well, somebody has to take the photo, right?!



The masks of the two Swedes + one german seated across me. It was a very good party, with enough alcohol, plenty of bad rowdy singing, and very delicious food prepared by lovely ladies.



And Kyle donning the Jester mask-hat, which won the Best Mask Competition. Whole day steal other people's glory/mask/food.

It was a nice cozy party, with the Swedes making an effort to talk to us the foreigners, and happily condemning Denmark, my place of exchange. Hahaha. No love between neighbours. After the party we walked back to Yue En's toasty place in Flogsta.



Presenting.. Yue En's labour of love in the morning. Pseudo-char kway teow, teh, and blood orange. THANKS YUE EN. It was such a good sight and smell to wake up to.

And for now I shall leave you, but rest assured I will write of the next leg soon.

No comments: