Thursday 12 June 2008

Breaking Up



Breaking up with her is that much harder when she looks this good.

I always imagined that I could be perfectly chill, calm and at most slightly wistful in the last few days of our relationship. Instead I seek to distance myself from her, to harden my heart, and to focus on her miserable points. How unbecoming.

Obviously I knew this time would come. But still, I ought to pause and reflect on this for a while, since our fates were after all, intertwined for over ten months. Admittedly I was often unfaithful, choosing to have flings with other exotic places. Yet I always felt safe when I returned, and she always welcomed me back.

Of course there are negative aspects to her - frequently cold, high maintenance, sometimes emotionally unavailable. But in that way she helped me to grow stronger and more independent. I shall not blame her for being an alcoholic, that I shall attribute to my lack of willpower.

And so it is, Aarhus, or in your language Århus, that we must move on, without each other. I shall forever remember you, but for my sake and sanity, please do not call or write to me, and I in turn will reciprocate this kindness.

Perhaps, as a fitting closure, the burning of notes:



All good things come to an end!

No comments: