Sunday 16 December 2007

Quiet Time

Did you feel the mountains tremble
Did you feel the oceans roar
When the people rose to sing of
Jesus Christ the risen One

Did you feel the people tremble
Did you hear the singers roar
When the lost began to sing of
Jesus Christ the saving One

And we can see that God you're moving
A mighty river through the nations
And young and old will turn to Jesus
Fling wide you heavenly gates
And prepare the way of the risen Lord

Open up the doors and
Let the music play
Let the streets resound with singing
Songs that bring Your hope
Songs that bring Your joy
Dancers who dance upon injustice


But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. -- 2 Corinthians 12:9

Today I felt the beckoning after a long dry spell. And I'm glad I responded. Many times I think I can handle my life by myself; I have been blessed and have very little to worry about compared to many. But its not the material comforts or surface level that needed help, it was my soul. Tears streamed as I listened to songs, read the text, did my prayers... maybe it was the exams getting to me I thought, but not really. I needed time to take stock of my life, give thanks, seek Him and His wisdom.

And know that I am never alone, that I can never shut the door. And Christmas season is a time to remember, to say Happy Birthday Jesus, thank you so so very much.

No comments: