Saturday 11 August 2007

Beer Buffet

Theres free beer for one hour every Friday and Saturday nights at the social club in town, and free entry for students. So thats what I was up to last night, and it was fun because all the ERASMUS, exchange and foreign students thronged the club for the free beer and everyone was very, very happy by the end of that hour.

Inevitably there was the tinge of loneliness which stood out in stark contrast to the huge smile plastered on my face and a full glass of beer in my hand. Its not quite missing home... rather its the knowledge that everyone I meet are but mere acquaintances, and there is totally no common background or connection. Every other question feels like Comparative Studies, i.e. : Do they have XX in your country? But this is why I am here. To get way far out from my comfort zone, where I have to meet new people, and to rethink my filters and view of the world.



Here's what it looks like when I finally reached home about.. well.. early enough. Honestly intended to be home much earlier, but as I pulled out my map a Danish girl asked me if I knew where I was going. Then we started talking and I went with her group of friends to some club where they were playing old school Danish Rock Music. I'm an old geezer for liking such music







View of my room from outside. Glad to be home!

No comments: