Thursday 16 August 2007

The Days Are Just Packed

I'd like to say the days have been packed with bumming around, tasting all sorts of culinary delights, watching a stunning performance at ARoS.. but no, thats not what I do.

Weekday mornings are spent in class.






And theres homework too. Its hard to imagine I will be studying at a tertiary level next month when these days I have trouble doing my grammar homework.


More immersion programme in the afternoons: visits to museums, lectures on Denmark, sports and games etc.





Standing at the top of the Town Hall, aka Rådhuspladsen. I need a danish keyboard for typing such words.



Couple of ashtrays outside the Wedding Room within the Town Hall. Apparently weddings done in the Town Hall are really quick, so they can pack in more couples. And two ashtrays! Maybe so they can blow a smoke ring in the shape of a heart.



ARoS Art Museum. I'd say it was a very good experience for me. But I'm not so sure I like it so much as to go there every week, or month.




Of course there are fun moments as well.

Its hard to sum up what the immersion programme is like in a few photos and words. What I do know is that I am glad for it. Glad to pick up a new language, which I am actually interested in knowing to communicate, if only just to get a few sympathetic smiles and painful winces. And I get to do all the touristy things as well, just I have to keep reminding myself to resist buying all the fantastic looking things at gift shops. Because, well you know.

No comments: