Sunday 2 September 2007

The Post without a Photo

Just got back from a week long travel to Roskilde and Copenhagen. Whereas 1st August saw me hauling my huge bundle of stuff all the way from Singapore, 1st September was just a backpack and a few hours' train ride - definitely a lot more pleasant. Also because I had friends with me at the train station, the train did not seem so scary, and having a seat made me seem like less of a bum.

So that has been one month away from home. And I find myself integrating more and more into a place that is growing less strange and less unfamiliar. It shocks me when people bring their old baggage into a new society, and stubbornly reject a different way of life. And it shocks me even more when these people are 'on exchange'.

That does not mean I do not have my grouses. Especially when I return to find my doormat conveniently missing. But I much rather blend in and see things from another perspective.

No comments: