Sunday 30 September 2007

Wake Me Up When September Ends



Yup, I be heading down to Germany for the next 8 days. Berlin first, then Munich. Slightly worried that there has been a general lack of preparations apart from finding accoms and booking plane/train tickets, and that no one has been to Germany before. Okay I have, but a package tour more than 10 years ago does not really count. And no one is going to bring a laptop along. Because we only want the enjoyment and usage of a laptop without the responsibility, and our risk-adverse nature thinks the laptop might get stolen. Altruism does not exist.

Shoving these pessimistic vibes away, I'm happy that I'll be there with people I know and I do think we'll have a lot of fun together - at Oktoberfest (real and genuine!), German Reunification Day and so on.

Something to lighten the mood, also known as my daily conversation with home:

Dear Mom/Dad,

$chool i$ really great. I am making lot$ of friend$ and $tudying very hard. With all my $tuff, I $imply ¢an't think of anything I need, $o if you would like, you can ju$t $end me a card, a$ I would love to hear from you.

Love,
Your $on.

Dear Son,

I kNOw that astroNOmy, ecoNOmics, and oceaNOgraphy are eNOugh to keep even an hoNOr student busy. Do NOt forget that the pursuit of kNOwledge is a NOble task, and you can never study eNOugh.

Love,
Mom/Dad

Just remember I picked a a course which has NO such negative words in them. Its never coincidental :)

To all who are returning back to school after the one week break, cheers!

No comments: